The guide school leaders need to reap the rewards of education’s most exciting new trend.
Flipping classrooms—using class time for hands-on learning and "off loading" the lecture portion of lessons to teacher-created videos or other technology presentations assigned as homework—is taking schools by storm. But like all hot trends, it is important to apply this innovation intelligently, especially at the system-wide level.
This book makes a persuasive case to leaders for the potential benefits of flipping. Backed by powerful data and compelling anecdotes, this book covers:
- Data on positive student outcomes in terms of achievement and motivation
- How flipping gives teachers more time to work with students one-on-one and encourage peer learning
- Ways flipping can benefit teacher learning and collaboration
- Why flipping encourages students to take responsibility for their own learning
- How flipping engages students in 21st century skills
- Ways flipping is budget and resource-friendly
With this book, you can take a major step towards the future of education, utilizing technology and advanced understanding of how students learn best.
"Flipped classrooms empower teachers to engage students in deeper learning. This book gives readers ten reasons for joining forces to make this possibility a reality."
—Tom Carroll, President
National Commission on Teaching and America’s Future
"I highly recommend this book for any educator interested in flipping the classroom to reinvent the learning process. The stories show how flipping is energizing teachers and students—with powerful results!"
—Lisa Schmucki, Founder and CEO