Writing a dissertation requires focus and commitment. The Education Dissertation provides a step-by-step process for developing and completing an academically rigorous dissertation in a time-efficient manner.
Written for doctoral students in education who are also currently working in the field, this book provides specific and accessible guidance for the entire process, from finding a topic to conducting the literature review to writing and defending the dissertation. Grounded in adult learning theory, this volume:
- Offers a clear, easy-to-follow approach that highlights key milestones with concrete goals and workable methods at each step
- Discusses how practitioner scholars can apply their work experience to the dissertation
- Includes organizational templates complete with detailed charts, checklists, a timeline, student examples, and rubrics
- Provides tips throughout to help students think through situations
- Covers both quantitative and qualitative research
Perfect for practicing educators at any stage of the dissertation process, this resource provides the "big picture" framework as well as the nitty-gritty details.