In a world with increasingly global economies and competition, students need to learn how to think critically and analytically, and to apply their imaginations to solve complex problems. Problem-based learning (PBL) does just that, helping students identify problems, pose their own questions, research answers, report results, and create a stake in their own learning. While teachers know the benefits, they are sometimes challenged by the process.
Expert John Barell troubleshoots the PBL process for teachers. Basic procedures make this remarkably effective teaching model accessible and highly doable for all teachers, from beginners to veterans. The author draws on practical classroom experiences and incorporates methods that are widely praised by reviewers and users of the first edition. This standards-based, teacher-friendly second edition includes:
· A step-by-step method to simplify the process
· Examples showing problem-based learning in action
· Answers to frequently asked questions on standards-based implementation
· Thorough guidelines for developing problems for students to solve and letting them develop their own
· Rubrics and assessment tips to ensure that standards are met
Problem-Based Learning, Second Edition, offers an easy-to-follow, rich teaching model for all teachers and grade levels, enabling you to confidently engage students for more meaningful learning and success, both inside and outside the classroom!