4 Pathways to Prepare Aspiring School Leaders
- Tim Cusack - Edmonton Catholic Schools
- Vince Bustamante - Edmonton Catholic Schools
Foreword by Peter DeWitt, Afterword by John Hattie
Leadership & Management Development | Local Authorities | School Management
The solution for preparing excellent school leaders is right in front of you.
The best way to prepare aspiring leaders for principalship is to offer hands-on opportunities to develop the skills they’ll need when they’re in charge. Being a principal calls for originality, innovation, and the ability to work under pressure. Yet so few assistant principals and other aspiring leaders actually get to develop these competencies in meaningful ways that prepare them to lead a school with confidence.
Leader Ready presents a framework that walks aspiring school leaders along the path to strong and independent principalship by using a mix of professional knowledge, modeling, coaching, guided experiences, and mastery experiences. Full of processes, action steps, and examples from the field, features include;
- A research-based plan for creating better conditions for aspiring leaders
- Guidance for achieving systemic professional growth throughout the school year
- Analysis of school-leadership standards to inform practice
- Voices of leaders, aspiring leaders, and experts from the field