Value-added is the most robust, statistically significant method for connecting teachers to students. In other words, value-added analysis links teachers to students and, for the very first time, allows educators to see the amount of growth they are facilitating with students.áBuilt around the value-added analysis professional development work of Battelle for Kids, this book for district and school leaders prepares educators to understand and implement value-added analysis in order to ensure that all students are achieving and progressing. By providing a user-friendly, five-step implementation process along with success stories of schools, teachers, and students as well as strategies, samples, and tools, this book will equip educators to use value-added analysis to help accelerate student progress. It is written to inform readers about what value-added analysis is and to help them utilize value-added information in a classroom and/or school setting.
List of Figures
About the Authors
1. Step I: What Is Value-Added Analysis?
2. Step I: Jump into Value-Added Analysis
3. Step I: The Framework for Systemic Improvement
4. Step II: Assess District-Level Value-Added Reports to Determine Strengths and Challenges
5. Step II: Assess Building-Level Value-Added Reports to Determine Strengths and Challenges
6. Step II: Assess Teacher-Level Value-Added Reports to Determine Strengths and Challenges
7. Steps III and IV: Identify Root Causes and Produce an Improvement Plan
8. Step V: Take Action, Monitor, and Adjust