This comprehensive, easy-to-use guide includes detailed information on:
· Signs and symptoms, primary groups affected, attendance guidelines, and medications
· Communications with parents and caregivers
· Family and community issues
· Peer stigmatizing, labeling, and gender and sexual identity
· Important policies for classroom health procedures such as hand washing, immunizations, and more
· Specific procedures for coping with cuts and abrasions, allergic reactions, casts, tube feedings, and all "911" medical emergencies .
Asthma, Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder, Down Syndrome, Fever, Influenza, Mononucleosis, Poisoning, Spider Bites, Strep Throat, Toothache, Vision Problems, and more than 120 other health problems are covered in this comprehensive guide.