Foster life-long teacher learning embedded in effective teaching practices and the science standards
Science is a natural motivator and an academic engine for utilizing language, but it is the teacher who is the key to fostering the innate curiosity in each learner. Growing Language Through Science offers a model for contextualizing language and promoting academic success for all students, particularly English learners in the K-5 science classroom, through a highly effective approach that integrates inquiry-based science lessons with language rich hand-on experiences. You’ll find
- A wealth of instructional tools to support and engage students, with links to the Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- Presentation and assessment strategies that accommodate students’ diverse needs, while encouraging them to use communicative language, speaking, listening, reading, and writing
- Ready-to-use templates and illustrations to enrich the textual discussion
- Field-tested teaching strategies framed in the 5Es used in monolingual and bilingual classrooms
- Reflection exercises that enhance teacher instructional decision making.
Use this timely resource to build students’ science and language skills simultaneously – while helping them find the joy in learning.