Put data to WORK to better meet the needs of all students
Have you become hyper-focused on state tests? Do you have important data collected, warehoused, and gathering dust? The time has come to dust off that data and put it to work for your students.
The new reporting requirements under ESSA, combined with the flexibility to act on that data, provide a huge opportunity for education leaders. This is your opportunity to rebuild data processes and rekindle excitement about using data for school and student growth. Getting MORE Excited About USING Data addresses both cultural and technical aspects of using data, starting with underlying beliefs about students, assessment, and individual and collective teacher efficacy. This updated edition features:
- Guiding questions and protocols for effective professional learning communities, shared leadership teams and subject/grade teaching teams
- New material on the use of formative assessment in schoolwide planning and instructional design
- Renewed focus on the role of students
- Tips on the electronic challenges of storage, retrieval, privacy and security
- Real-life examples from schools and districts ranging from specific data displays to sustained, long-term change
The straightforward language, adaptable models, and focus on human elements make Getting MORE Excited about USING Data an essential resource for every leader. The time is now to use data to establish a collaborative culture with student success at its core.“Holcomb leads educators to use data as a catalyst to foster their passion for continuous learning, I highly recommend her pragmatic approach in looking at data as a means to stir the hearts and minds of educators for the sake of our future human resources: the students we serve.”
Kathy Larson, Author
Coaching for Infinite Results
"This book is full of practical supports, resources, and illustrations. It is well grounded in the work of schools and the importance of data to that mission."
Megan Tschannen-Moran, Professor of Educational Leadership
College of William & Mary, Williamsburg, VA