Feedback that works—for leadership that makes a difference.
As a leader, you know that feedback is essential to teachers’ growth and development. But crafting the right feedback can be daunting. How do you conduct comprehensive observations, accurately analyze lessons for effectiveness, and develop high-leverage action steps that bring lasting change to teacher practices and student outcomes?
This how-to book, designed for leaders in all roles and at all experience levels, provides a dynamic yet practical leadership model focused on precisely those key tasks. Features include
- Comprehensive explanations of standards and descriptions of discrete core skills
- Explicit think-alouds, ready-to-use strategies, and field-tested lesson examples
- Evidence-collection notes—with templates—from live observations
- Feedback samples across grade levels and content areas
- Replicable case studies for professional learning
Simply inspecting teaching practice through observation might be easy; providing feedback that feeds forward and promotes growth is far more challenging. With this comprehensive learning tool, you’ll use feedback to make the most of your role as a leader of learning—for both teachers and students.