Readers will come away with crucial understandings that allow them to lead assessment of learning, meet accountability requirements, and communicate knowledgeably about accountability and test results with students, parents, the media, and the public. Using plain language, a witty and engaging writing style, and practical examples, Popham covers:
- Validity, reliability, and assessment bias
- The importance of formative assessment
- Assessing students with disabilities and English language learners
- Interpreting results of large-scale assessments
- Instructional sensitivity of accountability tests
Everything School Leaders Need to Know About Assessment is a concise, authoritative guide to a topic that all educational leaders must understand in these critical times.