Lane Narvaez and Kay Brimijoin show school administrators how differentiated instruction can be successfully implemented schoolwide and provide teachers with authentic tools for the classroom. Readers will find:
- Nine sample lesson plans from a variety of disciplines and grade levels, with materials included
- Voices of teachers, students, and other members of the school community describing their experiences with differentiation
- A chapter on supporting schoolwide implementation through coaching
- Preassessments to determine students' prior knowledge
- Strategies for designing and refining lessons
- Applications at the district level
This hands-on resource demonstrates how increased student achievement can become a reality when the entire school focuses on making differentiation work.