The challenges of implementing the high-stakes provisions of NCLB and IDEA are relatively new. This book presents the latest assessment models to help meet the challenges of NCLB and IDEA through the use of universal design, testing accommodations, technology-based testing, and alternate assessments.Recognizing the promises and challenges associated with assessment and testing, the author provides general and special educators with the knowledge and skills to differentiate their testing.áClassroom Testing for ALL Students: Beyond Standardized Assessmentsáoffers techniques, practices, examples, and resources to aid teachers in providing all students with access to appropriate testing programs and accountability systems that foster their teaching and their students' learning.
About the Author
Introducing Inclusive Classroom Testing and Assessment Practices
1. Creating and Grading Valid and Accessible Teacher-Made Tests
2. Determining and Implementing Valid and Appropriate Testing Accommodations
3. Using Technology-Based Testing
4. Teaching Effective Study and Test-Taking Skills and Strategies
5. Using Classroom Assessments