All On-Your-Feet Guide orders receive FREE SHIPPING! Use code SHIPOYFG at check out.
This bundle includes Tools for Teaching Conceptual Understanding, Secondary and the new On-Your-Feet Guide to Learning Transfer. Combined, this package becomes your go-to resource for content study and easy in-class implementation of concept-based teaching and learning transfer in your secondary classroom.
Students become experts and innovators through Concept-Based teaching
Teaching Conceptual Understanding, Secondary
Innovators don’t invent without a deep understanding of how the world works. With this foundation, they apply conceptual understanding to solve new problems. We want our students to not only retain ideas, but relate them to other things they encounter, using each new situation to add nuance and sophistication to their thinking. To do this, they need conceptual understanding.
This book serves as a road map for Concept-Based teaching. Discover how to help students uncover conceptual relationships and transfer them to new situations. Specifically, teachers will learn:
- Strategies for introducing conceptual learning to students
- Four lesson frameworks to help students uncover conceptual relationships
- How to assess conceptual understanding, and
- How to differentiate concept-based instruction
Look no further. For deep learning and innovative thinking, this book is the place to start.
"The authors tear down the false dichotomies of traditional vs innovative education and provide a practical toolkit for developing creativity and applying knowledge through Concept-Based learning. Every practitioner needs this book to juxtapose what worked well in the 20th Century with what is essential in the 21st Century and beyond."
Michael McDowell, Superintendent
Ross School District, Ross, CA
The On-Your-Feet Guide to Learning Transfer
Laminated, 8.5”x11” tri-fold (6 pages), 3-hole punched
The goal of learning is to develop strong thinkers and problem-solvers who can apply what they have learned in the classroom to innovate in the real world. That’s learning transfer. This On-Your-Feet Guide to Learning Transfer will help you break down the steps needed to implement this important strategy to engage and motivate your students and make your classroom relevant.
This On-Your-Feet Guide provides:
- A step-by-step method for ensuring that learning transfer happens in your classroom
- Guidance on how to identify the concepts in learning outcomes
- Examples showing how to write concept questions to help students make their own connections between key concepts
- Prompts to help students apply conceptual relationships to increasingly dissimilar contexts
Full of rich examples and ideas, this guide will make learning transfer a successful learning strategy in your classroom!