The second of a new book series on The Soul of Educational Leadership, this concise volume offers key ideas and strategies for reframing leadership practice.
With contributions from top leadership figures such as Thomas Sergiovanni and Dennis Sparks, among others, this book combines research, day-to-day school leadership practice, and reflective exercises.
About the Editors
About the Contributors
Paul D. Houston
1. Out-of-the-Box Leadership
2. What It Means to Be an Outside-the-Box Leader
Les M. Omotani
3. Caring, Serving…Leading
Thomas J. Sergiovanni
4. An Epistemological Problem: What If We Have the Wrong Theory?
Kari Cocozzella and Thomas J. Kasper
5. Reflections on Leadership: When Minds and Hearts Are Open
Jane A. Kendrick
6. Out-of-the-Box Leadership: A Reflection on Leading Educational Transformation
7. Through Others’ Eyes: A Collaborative Model of Leadership
Jerome T. Murphy
8. Embracing the Enemy: Moving Beyond the Pain of Leadership