How to Build an Instructional Coaching Program for Maximum Capacity is a comprehensive start-to-finish guide for developing and sustaining a coaching program. The book guides readers through the following process:Align the program with the mission and goals of the school or districtUse data to continuously evaluate and refine the programDesign appropriate professional development for coaches, principals, and other school administratorsBuildáan organizational culture that supports the coaching endeavor Throughout the book, the authors incorporate the classic metaphor of a sea journey to describe the process, perils, and celebrations of program design, implementation, evaluation, and refinement.
Foreword by Stephen G. Barkley
About the Authors
1. Prevailing Winds: Navigating the Perfect Storm
2. Dead Reckoning: Beginning Wth the End in Mind
3. Sounding the Depths: Using Data for Reflecting, Refining, and Celebrating
4. Ready, Set, Sail: Selecting the Coaching Crew
5. O, Captain, My Captain: Preparing the Principal
6. Anchors Aweigh: Preparing Coaches Through Preservice Instruction
7. All Hands on Deck: Preparing the Teachers and Staff
8. Trimming the Sails: Ongoing Professional Learning and Support
9. Mooring the Ship: Avalon or Ithaca?
References for Facilitator's Guide