Demonstrate successful mathematics teaching strategies that work for diverse learning styles!
Combining current research and practical strategies for differentiating mathematics instruction in K–8 classrooms, this comprehensive multimedia kit provides staff developers with all the materials necessary for helping teachers develop mathematics lessons that meet standards and connect with students' individual learning styles. Designed around the second edition of the bestseller Differentiating Math Instruction, this one-stop professional development resource enables facilitators to lead discussions about:
- Understanding the mathematical brain
- Working with diverse intelligences and gender differences
- Planning instructional units that meet NCTM and state standards
- Using Response to Intervention (RTI) in mathematics
- Differentiating mathematics instruction for primary, elementary, and middle school learners
Differentiating Math Instruction, Second Edition: A Multimedia Kit for Professional Development provides:
- The second edition of the companion book Differentiating Math Instruction offering mathematics instructional tactics that increase confidence and mastery in mathematics for every student
- A 58-minute, content-rich DVD, with an easy stop-and-search navigation menu, and featuring examples of how K–8 teachers use differentiated mathematics strategies in their classrooms
- A step-by-step facilitator's guide that connects the book to the DVD and provides chapter summaries, discussion questions, workshop activities, overheads, and agendas
- A companion CD-ROM that contains a digital copy of the entire facilitator's guide
An ideal professional development resource to use with pairs, small workshops, or large seminars, this multimedia kit for the second edition of Differentiating Math Instruction is essential for anyone leading workshops focused on providing K–8 students with high-quality learning experiences in mathematics.