Demonstrate how teachers can use differentiated writing strategies to improve literacy levels and content learning!
Designed around the second edition of Differentiated Instructional Strategies for Writing in the Content Areas by Carolyn Chapman and Rita King, this comprehensive multimedia kit offers exactly what facilitators need to show how teachers can effectively incorporate differentiated writing techniques to optimize students' mastery of content. You will be able to describe the developmental stages of writing, define the writing process, identify different genres and formats, and lead discussions about:
- Creating a safe and positive writing environment
- Planning lessons that support students' individual needs before, during, and after writing
- Motivating reluctant or struggling writers
- Incorporating flexible peer grouping
- Using checklists, rubrics, surveys, and portfolios as assessment tools
- Remediating writing problems
Differentiated Instructional Strategies for Writing in the Content Areas, Second Edition: A Multimedia Kit for Professional Development includes:
- The second edition of the companion book, Differentiated Instructional Strategies for Writing in the Content Areas, which helps educators develop self-directed learners and problem solvers who are also confident writers
- A 61-minute, content-rich DVD that features top authors Carolyn Chapman and Rita King, shows actual classroom examples across grade levels and content areas, and provides a navigation menu for easy stop-and-search control
- A step-by-step facilitator's guide connecting the book to the DVD and providing discussion questions, workshop activities, handouts, and agendas
- A companion CD-ROM containing a digital copy of the entire facilitator guide
This complete multimedia resource is ideal for anyone presenting professional development events for pairs, small workshops, or large seminars.