Bullying is a growing issue of concern and a harsh reality facing many of today's schools. Teachers, parents, and administrators are all grappling with how best to address the problem and create a nurturing and inclusive school culture. In Bullying and Students With Disabilities, Barry McNamara presents both the relevant research and the practical tools that educators and families need to understand bullying, identify bullies and their victims, learn how to cope with bullies, and take part in the implementation of an inclusive schoolwide bullying prevention program that truly meets the needs of all students.
About the Author
1. What is Bullying?
2. Why Are Students With Disabilities Targeted?
3. How to Identify Bullies and Their Victims
4. Creating a Schoolwide Program
5. What Every Teacher Must Do
6. What Every Paraprofessional Should Know
7. What Every Parent Should Know
8. Teacher Supports And Techniques