Hands-on, Practical Guidance for Educators
From math, literacy, equity, multilingual learners, and SEL, to assessment, counseling, and education leadership, our books are research-based and authored by experts on topics most relevant to what educators are facing today.
On-Your-Feet Guide: Planning Ramped-Up Read Alouds
- Grade Level: PreK-12
- ISBN: 9781071823156
- Published By: Corwin
- Series: On-Your-Feet-Guides
- Year: 2020
- Page Count: 6
- Publication date: August 17, 2020
All On-Your-Feet Guide orders receive FREE SHIPPING! Use code SHIPOYFG at check out.
But a successful read aloud experience doesn’t simply happen. It requires some forethought, planning, and insight into your learners. Maria Walther shows you how to get the most out of read alouds – plus, she offers a bonus online lesson based on a popular children’s book.
This On-Your-Feet Guide will help teachers:
- Plan a read-aloud experience that promotes the joy of reading AND reinforces important skills
- Select the right books, focusing on key vocabulary and considering learning targets, as well as honoring and reflecting the students in your classroom
- Engage in a comprehension conversation using effective questioning techniques that spare conversation and deep thinking
- Troubleshoot with specific strategies to overcome common hiccups
Use this guide to get kids excited about reading!
On-Your-Feet Guides (OYFGs) provide you with the ultimate “cheat sheet” to implement effective change in your classroom while in the moment of teaching. Designed for accessibility, and providing step-by-step guidance, the OYFGs are written by experts who take research-based practices and make them doable for the busy teacher.
Each On-Your-Feet Guide is laminated, 8.5”x11” tri-fold (6 pages), and 3-hole punched.
Use the On-Your-Feet Guides