Hands-on, Practical Guidance for Educators
From math, literacy, equity, multilingual learners, and SEL, to assessment, counseling, and education leadership, our books are research-based and authored by experts on topics most relevant to what educators are facing today.
On-Your-Feet Guide: This Is Guided Writing
- Grade Level: PreK-12
- ISBN: 9781544378596
- Published By: Corwin
- Series: Corwin Literacy
- Year: 2020
- Page Count: 6
- Publication date: April 29, 2020
All On-Your-Feet Guide orders receive FREE SHIPPING! Use code SHIPOYFG at check out.
In this easy-to-use but comprehensive guide to Guided Writing, teachers will learn what it is, how to prepare before, during and after a Guided Writing session, and how to assess it.
In this On-Your-Feet Guide, teachers will find:
- Lesson outline included with “What the teacher says/does" and "What the student does" displayed side-by-side.
- An If-Then chart that helps teachers troubleshoot common problems.
- Both the why and the how of assessing students included.
On-Your-Feet Guides (OYFGs) provide you with the ultimate “cheat sheet” to implement effective change in your classroom while in the moment of teaching. Designed for accessibility, and providing step-by-step guidance, the OYFGs are written by experts who take research-based practices and make them doable for the busy teacher.
Each On-Your-Feet Guide is laminated, 8.5”x11” tri-fold (6 pages), and 3-hole punched.
Use the On-Your-Feet Guides
- When you know the “what” but need help with the “how”
- As a quick reference to support a practice you learned in a PD workshop or book
- To learn how to implement foundational practices
- When you want to help your students learn a specific strategy, routine, or approach, but aren’t sure how to do it yourself