Hands-on, Practical Guidance for Educators
From math, literacy, equity, multilingual learners, and SEL, to assessment, counseling, and education leadership, our books are research-based and authored by experts on topics most relevant to what educators are facing today.
A Little Guide for Teachers: Formative Assessment
- Grade Level: PreK-12
- ISBN: 9781529726558
- Published By: SAGE Publications Ltd
- Series: A Little Guide for Teachers
- Year: 2020
- Page Count: 104
- Publication date: December 09, 2020
Bridging the gap between research and practice A Little Guide for Teachers: Formative Assessment gives teachers practical tried and tested strategies to put formative assessment into action in their classrooms.
The Little Guide for Teachers series is little in size but BIG on all the support and inspiration you need to navigate your day to day life as a teacher.
· Authored by experts in the field
· Easy to dip in-and-out of
· Interactive activities encourage you to write into the book and make it your own
· Fun engaging illustrations throughout
· Read in an afternoon or take as long as you like with it!
Table of Contents
Chapter 1: Setting the scene – how do you create confident learners?
Chapter 2: Setting up effective talk – how do you activate children as learning resources for each other?
Chapter 3: Learning Intentions and Success Criteria – how do you clarify goals and break them down?
Chapter 4: In-lesson feedback – how can we give feedback during lessons?
Chapter 5: Post-lesson feedback and marking – how to make this manageable?