A detailed, comprehensive resource for principals, teachers, superintendents, directors and policy makers, whose primary quest is to improce their schools and districts, and help all students achieve at higher levels and graduate from high school. Ontario is considered across the world as one of the fastest improving school systems, with considerable improvement in both elementary and secondary student outcomes. Based on Ontario's education improvment strategy and grounded in the research of Reeves, Elmore, Fullan, Hill, Crevola, Marzano and others, this book will outline high impact, research-based strateges proven to increase student achievment.
Lists of Tables, Figures, and Appendices
About the Authors
1. Results Without Rancor or Ranking: The Ontario Improvement Strategy
2. Excellence and Equity
3. District and School Improvement: A Blueprint for Success
4. High-Impact Strategies for Elementary Schools
5. High-Impact Strategies for Secondary Schools
6. Leadership for Improved Learning
7. Improving Graduation Rates: What Does It Take?