Motivate educators in a collaborative endeavor to bring about real change in schools and classrooms! This resource provides practical guidelines for influencing school culture to inspire higher student performance levels based on understanding today's learners. The book provides strategies and tested techniques that have transformed struggling schools into national and state blue-ribbon winners. The author eloquently illustrates the immediate need for improvement in our schools and examines: the expanded roles for teachers and principals leading the change process; the reasons why many students do not perform well; practical, specific tips that can turn a school's vision for change into a school's reality.
Foreword by Alan M. Blankstein
About the Author
1. Appreciating Today’s Students
2. The Expanded Role of School Leaders
3. The Expanded Role of Teachers
4. If “All Children Can Learn," Then Why Aren’t They Learning?
5. Measuring Results That Count
6. Creating #1 Classrooms
7. Capture, Inspire, Teach
8. Survival Tips for Today’s Teachers and Leaders