At Corwin, our vision is Every student learning – not by chance, but by design. We offer a host of professional learning services that are research informed and innovative, all with a relentless focus on improving student learning.
We work with schools in every state and territory, across sectors. Due to the growing number of schools we partner with, we are seeking vibrant, dynamic and highly experienced educators to join us to facilitate workshops and other professional learning services.
Ideally, we are seeking educators who are more flexible with their time and able to travel domestically.
Professional Learning Consultant Criteria
- Be a highly skilled and confident adult educator, presenter, facilitator and consultant.
- Demonstrate knowledge of current educational research and effective learning and teaching practices.
- Be available to undertake continuous professional learning provided by Corwin Australia.
- Demonstrate the ability to give, receive, seek and act on feedback.
- Be skilled in adapting to evolving technologies.
Qualifications and Education
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in education and supporting adult learning.
- Relevant tertiary qualification in Education.
In order to be considered you will need to:
- Be available for a minimum of 6 school term days per year (inclusive of two staff professional development days that occur on the first day of either Term 1, 2 or 3 for NSW and VIC government schools).
- Be available to attend face to face and virtual training to build knowledge and understanding of our PL offerings. Successful applicants will be required to attend face to face accreditation training in Melbourne in either June 2020 or October 2020.
- Live near a major Australian airport, hold a driver’s license and be prepared and able to travel domestically.
- Provide a certificate of Working With Child Check prior to attending training.
- For applicants currently in a position within a school: Seek permission from your employer to be able to undertake secondary work as an independent consultant.
- Corwin provide all material required to facilitate workshops.
- Consultants will be required to travel interstate at times and dates are pre-arranged with consultants well in advance. In such instances, Corwin will plan and book travel, and reimburse travel expenses.
- Remuneration will be discussed through the interview process.
- Face to face accreditation training will occur in Melbourne. Flights, transfers and accommodation will be organised and paid by Corwin if travelling from interstate and all other associated costs will be the participant’s responsibility.
- If you are successful with the training, we will provide you with a full contract and details of guidelines and all other policies related to being a Professional Learning Consultant with Corwin.
Send your application to email@example.com including:
- A letter of application indicating why you would be suitable for this role (max. one page)
- Curriculum Vitae with 2 referees (max. two pages)